Regarding COPPA, Toddle will abide by the following:
- Toddle operates with parental consent for all underage children. The responsibility of obtaining parental consent rests with the account creator. Children under 13 must obtain parental consent before creating their own account, or a parent or teacher must create their account on their behalf. You can download a printable consent form for parents here.
- Student accounts in Toddle can only be created by the teachers. Teachers can generate a unique code for every student and the student, using that unique code, can login into their account for the first time. Once logged in, they can set their own secure password.
- Toddle will delete an account and all content associated with the account if the account has not been accessed for more than 1 year. Prior to deleting an abandoned account, Toddle will notify the teacher or school associated with the account by email and provide an opportunity to download an archive copy of the related class journal.
- If you would like to delete your Toddle account or any content submitted to Toddle, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you request that your account or any content submitted to Toddle be deleted, Toddle may still retain information for up to 365 days to provide customer support and prevent accidental deletion. An Email will still be sent to you before the information is completely removed from our databases.
- If you are a teacher or school administrator within the US, please be aware that FERPA requires us to retain student education records once a valid request to inspect those records has been made.
- Toddle may send Push Notifications to its users. These push notifications will be sent and controlled by the teachers or school administrators. Toddle may send usage related push notifications.
- Toddle does not encourage children to share their data publicly. Teachers and the school control the visibility of the data. The class journal is by default private to a classroom.