Regarding FERPA, Toddle will abide by the following:
- Student records obtained by Toddle from an educational institution continue to be the property of and under the control of the educational institution. The educational institution retains full ownership rights to the personal information and education records it provides to Toddle.
- Toddle users may retain possession and control of their own generated content on Toddle Services.
- Parents, legal guardians, or eligible students may review personally identifiable information in the student’s records and correct erroneous information by contacting their educational institution. Additionally, Toddle users may access, correct, update, or delete personal information in their profile by signing into Toddle App/ Web platform, accessing their Toddle account, and making the appropriate changes.
- Toddle is committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of student records. Towards this end, we take the following actions: (a) we limit employee access to student data to only those employees with a need to such access to fulfill their job responsibilities; (b) we conduct background checks on our employees that may have access to student data; (c) we conduct regular employee privacy and data security training and education; and (e) we protect personal information with technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security safeguards in order to protect against unauthorized access, release or use.
- In the event of an unauthorized disclosure of a student’s records, Toddle will (1) promptly notify Users unless specifically directed not to provide such notification by law enforcement officials. Notification shall identify: (i) the date and nature of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (ii) the Private Data used or disclosed; (iii) general description of what happened, including who made the unauthorized use or received the unauthorized disclosure; (iv) what Toddle has done or shall do to mitigate any effect of the unauthorized use or disclosure; (v) what corrective action Toddle has taken or shall take to prevent future similar unauthorized use or disclosure; and (vi) who at Toddle the User can contact. Toddle will keep the User fully informed until the incident is resolved.
- Toddle will delete or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed, upon expiration or termination of our agreement with an educational institution with any deletion or de-identification to be completed according to the terms of our agreement with the educational institution, or at the direction or request of the educational institution.
- Toddle agrees to work with the educational institution to ensure compliance with FERPA and the Parties will ensure compliance by providing parents, legal guardians or eligible students with the ability to inspect and review student records and to correct any inaccuracies therein as described in statement (4) above.
- Toddle prohibits using personally identifiable information in student records to engage in targeted advertising.